Support → Settings → General Settings → Page Settings
The support page is the page where you are using the [supportcandy] shortcode on the front end. Leave this blank if you wish not to show the support portal on the front end. This page can be used as a Ticket URL.
Open Ticket Page
If you wish not to use the SupportCandy portal on the front end but want your customers to provide the functionality to open existing tickets, create a new page with shortcode [wpsc_open_ticket] and set it here. This page can be used as a Ticket URL.
Ticket url page
Depending on your use case, if you wish to use the Ticket URL within the ticket notifications, you either need to set the Support Page or Open Ticket Page as explained above.
New Ticket page
This setting will decide the new ticket link of the support portal on the front end. This will not affect the new ticket link on the backend support portal. There are multiple ways from the front end to create new tickets:
- SupportCandy portal with shortcode [supportcandy]. In this case, no need to change the setting and keep the “Support Page” as it is.
- SupportCandy create ticket form [wpsc_create_ticket]. In this case, you can choose custom and enter the URL of the page having shortcode [wpsc_create_ticket].
- Gravity form integration addon. In this case, you can choose custom and enter the URL of the page where the Gravity Form is set for SupportCandy.
- Contact form used in combination with the Email Piping addon. In this case, you can choose custom and enter the URL of the page where the contact form is set.
This setting will decide how your users can be logged in to view the support forum (functionality) on the front end.
- Default: SupportCandy default login form.
- WP Default: WordPress default login functionality.
- Custom: You may have a custom login page already set. In this case, select “Custom” and enter the page URL.
This setting will decide how your users can register if they do not already have a user account on your website.
- Disable: Do not allow user registration functionality. Please note, this will only disable user registration from SupportCandy. You may enable user registration for WordPress.
- Default: SupportCandy user registration form.
- WP Default: WordPress default user registration functionality. Please note, if you have disabled user registration for WordPress from settings, it will not work.
- Custom: You may have a custom user registration page already set. In this case, select “Custom” and enter the page URL.
You can allow guest users to authenticate themselves with a one-time password (OTP) sent to their email addresses. If enabled, guest users will be able to manage their existing tickets. Click here to learn more about OTP login functionality.
You can select on which page/pages the script of SupportCandy should be loaded. If you are using it on custom pages, make sure you select all pages that has SupportCandy shortcodes.