Support → Settings →Ticket Categories
SupportCandy provides a robust ticketing system that allows users to categorize tickets for better organization and efficient handling. Ticket categories enable users and agents to classify tickets based on their nature, allowing for streamlined communication and issue resolution.
Creating a New Category
Users with the appropriate permissions can easily create new ticket categories. Follow these steps to create a new category:
- Navigate to Support → Settings →Ticket Categories
- Click on Add New
- Give an appropriate name.
- Select the order of loading the categories by choosing Load after.
- Save the settings.
Now, you have successfully created a new ticket category.
Edit or Delete the Category
Administrators have the privilege to manage categories effectively. Here’s how an admin can edit or delete a category:
- Edit Category:
- Find the category you want to edit.
- Click on the “Edit” option.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Save the updated information.
- Delete Category:
- Locate the category you want to delete.
- Click on the “Delete” option.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.
- Select the replacement Category, the new category will be assigned to the ticket that has deleted the category.
Add Ticket Category to Ticket form
If you want to add a ticket category to the ticket form, so users/agents can choose it while creating the ticket then please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Support → Custom Fields →Ticket form fields → Add new → Select category
- You can set the sequence of custom fields and visibility conditions for the field.
View the Category in the individual ticket
You, your agents, or users can view the ticket category on the individual ticket page if the widget is enabled. You can enable the widget from Support > Settings > Ticket widgets > Ticket Status > Allow for roles > Submit.